Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

This board is closed and will be kept as an archive. Please head to our new home at tch-forum.com

(Existing members: Please check your PMs for your password on the new board. If you do not have a PM, then please send one to me)

Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Art Therapy, anyone?
Topic Started: Apr 11 2018, 08:06 PM (75 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

So anyone has tried that? I'm having those sessions an hour weekly aside from my 2 courses, therapist and psychiatrist session. Half an hour free styled writing therapy and creative art therapy. The purpose is to make you enjoy yourself more. My art therapist has made me write down in colors thoughts like : "I'm fabulous", "I'm awesome", or in my case lately : "I'm beautiful inside out despite my pimple." It's a nice simple exercise you can do yourself in your own home. Just buy yourself a cheap colored pencils kit, every shade possible, and alternate colors with every letter. It put me in such a good mood today, and I'm really beginning to see myself as a beautiful and attractive woman. I'm also starting on crafty things, such as "knitting, crocheting, coloring, ceramic and porcelain painting, sculpting and etc." Loving it and my art intern. My therapist has suggested this to me as I had trouble seeing life in colors, so yeah! I have a very "black and white" thinking style, so yeah. The goal is to make you enjoy art and writing, no matter your style. You have your art and writing style, has been her motto. It's really an awesome feeling! I had gone to it this morning and am feeling quite awesome about everything currently!
Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
A very minor case of serious brain damage

Well, I'm glad it's working for you! I guess writing things down like that forces you to really think about them and take them in.

I quite like drawing stuff (even just random doodles and scribbles), but not as therapy: mine is purely recreational :P .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Just as Planned

Sort of. I tend to draw (or write, as it happens) when I need a moment to myself. It's more for fun than anything else, but just gives me an avenue to be creative. I do it with photography as well!

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Sometimes I write. Not too often these days, and I used to color a lot to relieve stress. Really should get back to these!

BrynStevens
Member Avatar

I don't do any of this. but my mother does, through a thing called "colour therapy". She's been doing it for over two years now. Don't think there'll ever be a time for her to finally stop. She's addicted :lol:

Megan
Member Avatar
Ferret Queen

Bry.
Apr 15 2018, 08:27 AM
I don't do any of this. but my mother does, through a thing called "colour therapy". She's been doing it for over two years now. Don't think there'll ever be a time for her to finally stop. She's addicted :lol:
I have a whole,stack of coloring books under my bed. XD

BrynStevens
Member Avatar

Funnily enough, my mother has a stack of them too, but on a disused table :O

Pyrite
Member Avatar
Just as Planned

I started having counselling recently and their waiting room has colouring books in, so I always try and arrive early to take advantage of this!! Always good to relieve stress before the appointment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Health and Lifestyle · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies