Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

This board is closed and will be kept as an archive. Please head to our new home at tch-forum.com

(Existing members: Please check your PMs for your password on the new board. If you do not have a PM, then please send one to me)

Welcome to The Coffee House - your dose of caffeine!

The Coffee House is a friendly and informal community dedicated to having fun. We're a diverse bunch, and so we have plenty to offer, including:
  • Discussions on a wide range of subjects, from science and current events to sport and gaming (and most things in between!);
  • Community-centered forums where members can get to know each other better, and share things they've made;
  • Regularly-scheduled contests, where members can compete for awards and forum currency (Coffee Credits);
  • Shops, where members may spend the Coffee Credits they've earned;
  • A Discord server, where anyone can chat to our members in real time.
What you can see below is a snapshot of what we have to offer. To see the rest, and gain access to all of this, all you need to do is register as a member. Registration is quick, free and easy.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Winner?
Cowboy 0 (0%)
Comanche 2 (100%)
Total Votes: 2
Comanche vs American cowboy
Topic Started: Dec 19 2017, 10:56 PM (204 Views)
JHG
Member Avatar

Comanche
Posted Image
The mighty Plains people who dominated Western Texas, they were the American answer to the Mongol hordes.
American cowboy
Posted Image
The icon of the Wild West, White, Black and Mexican alike herded the vast herds of cattle.

Both on horseback(duh!) Comanche has carbine(someone tell me which type was more likely), Comanche bow, lance, War hawk, and scalping knife. Cowboy has two Colt revolvers and lasso.
Bonus: The cowboy has encroached on the Comanche territory. The Comanche tries to drive him off.
Edited by JHG, Dec 20 2017, 09:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CJ
Member Avatar
A very minor case of serious brain damage

Should be an interesting fight!

I'll go with the Comanche, for basically no reason other than greater weapons variety :P .

JHG
Member Avatar

CJ
Dec 21 2017, 05:32 PM
Should be an interesting fight!

I'll go with the Comanche, for basically no reason other than greater weapons variety :P .
I'll go for the Comanche too.

CJ
Member Avatar

Though, how good are the Colt revolvers compared to the carbine? I don't know a whole lot about guns :( .

JHG
Member Avatar

I’m not sure whether the carbine could match the firing rate of the revolvers but it would beat them in range.
PS I’m only rooting for the Comanche because of the Loss of Native American lands video by EmperorTigerstar.

CJ
Member Avatar

Yeah, I saw that video a while back (and I even started a topic about it!)

It's very sad, really :'( .

JHG
Member Avatar

CJ
Dec 30 2017, 12:40 PM

To be curious, which Native Americans did you root for?

JHG
Member Avatar

The revolvers are the only good weapons of the cowboy; the lasso is too predictable and non-lethal to work and the whiplash can easily be blocked by the Comanche shield. The Comanche bow is both reliable and powerful while the lance is lethal. The Comanche were ‘Lords of the Southern Plains’ for a reason.

CJ
Member Avatar

JHG
Dec 30 2017, 04:57 PM
CJ
Dec 30 2017, 12:40 PM

To be curious, which Native Americans did you root for?
Well, all of them, really!

Quote:

The revolvers are the only good weapons of the cowboy; the lasso is too predictable and non-lethal to work and the whiplash can easily be blocked by the Comanche shield. The Comanche bow is both reliable and powerful while the lance is lethal. The Comanche were ‘Lords of the Southern Plains’ for a reason.
Yeah, good points. Although, if the Comanche's carbine can't match one revolver's firing rate, imagine what it'd be like against two revolvers!

Of course, if the Comanche stays out of range, there's really nothing the cowboy can do.

JHG
Member Avatar

I’m pretty sure the bow could match the revolver’s firing rate; they also have the benefit of being more silent and since neither are armored the power of the shots won’t matter.

JHG
Member Avatar

I think I forgot the rifle and the Bowie knife for the American cowboy! Although I'm skeptical either will be useful on horseback fighting. I think the Comanche will scalp him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Face-off Arena · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Anti-Spam Bots! Mazeguy Smilies